The Merchandising Manager is an integral part of the Home Folks team with direct responsibility for supervising store setup, monitoring customer performance, and providing consultation to customers to increase their sales. The Merchandising Manager oversees the merchandising team and coordinates with sales to ensure customer needs and expectations are exceeded. This role requires someone with the ability to build a team that fosters strong working relationships with customers and provide high level consultation on ways to improve sales. In addition, this person must understand Home Folks’ product and service offerings and represent the company in a professional manner at all times. This person must be able to function well in a team environment to support the sales growth objectives of the company.
- Build strong relationships with key customers
- Develop systems and processes to identify sales improvement ideas for customers.
- Develop systems and processes for implementing store changes to improve customer sales.
- Develop system for monitoring customer results.
- Manage a team of merchandising specialists.
- Develop and monitor a schedule of merchandising specialist activities.
- Develop training materials for merchandising specialists and others.
- Conduct training for merchandising specialists and others.
- Hold employees accountable to meeting standards of performance.
- Develop customer surveys with Sales Manager.
- Conduct customer surveys to better understand market needs.
- Serve as backup Transportation Supervisor and trainer.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and serve as company expert on merchandising.
- Provide reports to Sales Manager on merchandising performance.
- Identify sales opportunities with customers and coordinate with Sales Manager to upsell.
- Maintain up to date planagrams
- Maintain inventory of merchandising supplies.
- Identify trends in store setup.
- Train new customers on ordering process.
- Work with Sales on joint visits to upsell products and services.
Minimum of a High School Diploma (or an equivalent such as a GED) is required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years merchandising/customer service experience
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Intimate knowledge Home Folks’ products and services.
- Fluent in MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Honesty, integrity, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Interacts with others in a respectful and professional manner.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Good coaching/training skills.
- High energy, self-motivated and proactive, marked by a positive attitude and having a willingness to persevere.
- Self-directed, extremely organized and can manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Able to work on very tight timelines while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, and work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative relationships with all functions within the company.
- Ability to foster a sense of teamwork.
- Good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is periodically required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.