The Merchandising Representative is an integral part of the Home Folks team with direct responsibility for store setup, monitoring customer performance, and providing consultation to customers to increase their sales. This role requires someone that fosters strong working relationships with customers and provide high level consultation on ways to improve sales. In addition, this person must understand Home Folks’ product and service offerings and represent the company in a professional manner at all times. This person must be able to function well in a team environment to support the sales growth objectives of the company.
• Build strong relationships with key customers
• Implement systems and processes to identify sales improvement ideas for customers.
• Implement systems and processes for implementing store changes to improve customer sales.
• Conduct customer surveys to better understand market needs.
• Identify sales opportunities with customers and coordinate with Sales to upsell.
• implement up to date planagrams
• Train new customers on ordering process.
• Computer knowledge using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Previous experience with software applications involving ordering or customer management a plus.
• 1-2 years experience in retail/customer service
• Merchandising in convenience stores, drug stores or grocery stores a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
• Honesty, integrity, and a strong desire to succeed.
Interacts with others in a respectful and professional manner.
• Self-directed, extremely organized and can manage multiple activities simultaneously.
• Able to work on very tight timelines while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, and work with a diverse group of people.
• Ability to create and maintain cooperative relationships with all functions within the company.
• Ability to foster a sense of teamwork.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is periodically required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.